The most beautiful villages in the Autonomous Communities of Spain
In Spain there are more than 8,000 municipalities, with dozens of magical corners so beautiful that it would be impossible to name them all. Therefore we have prepared a list with one or two of the most beautiful towns in each of the Autonomous Communities.
In this list you will find Spanish villages for all tastes. Different, varied, with elements that make them unique for many reasons. Will one of them become the ideal location for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting?
This fishing village is one of the most beautiful ones of Spain. It belongs to the province of Girona. The famous surrealist painter Salvador Dalí had his summer residence here. Its essence lies in the picturesque of its streets with its whitewashed houses, in the pride with which they stand in front of the sea, in the boats on the beach and in the climate touched by the fierce Tramuntana.
It combines the tradition of fishermen with its beautiful and crowded beaches and it is isolated by the mountains of Cap de Creus from the rest of Ampurdán. Cadaqués has all the visual charm, next to rocky coves beyond the town, it is a true spectacle for the senses and ideal for the most photographic shootings of sailors.
Besalú is a medieval town located 150 meters above sea level in the province of Girona. Walking through its streets will make you believe that time has stopped. These streets, together with their stones and their architecture are intermingled to create one of the best preserved and most beautiful medieval towns in Spain. A perfect location for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
The highlight is undoubtedly its Romanesque bridge, the fortified entrance to the town. This bridge, of medieval origin, crosses the Fluvià River and was declared a site of cultural interest. It is the Spanish medieval bridge with the most characteristic elements of that era.
This small and pretty medieval town is located in the province of Teruel. It is a National Monument since 1961 and holds the Gold Medal for Merit in the Fine Arts of 1996 for its steep and narrow streets, with a very peculiar architecture that adapts to the terrain, in wood and reddish stone, with uneven corbels. A whole set of factors that make up an ideal location for your audiovisual project.
Its churches and religious buildings, stately and popular, such as the Casa de la Julianeta, make Albarracín a village proposed by Unesco to be declared a world heritage site, due to the beauty and importance of its historical heritage.
On a rock at 1300 meters high stands this medieval town of Iberian and Roman origin, the capital of the Teruel region of Maestrazgo, which was the land of the Templars. El Cid Campeador passed through this town on his way to the Mediterranean.
The town is declared a Historic-Artistic Site, with highlights as the whole of the Plaza Mayor, the Church of La Asunción and the Casa Bayle. Indispensable places for your most historic audiovisual project.
Santo Domingo de la Calzada (La Rioja)
Santo Domingo de la Calzada, deeply marked by the Camino de Santiago, is a joy to walk, to eat and spend a few days among medieval labyrinthine streets. Its old quarter hides true centenary treasures such as its robust walls, or the solemn cathedral that gives its name to the town and the old Hospital.
It should also be noted how beautiful Plaza España is, it dates from the 14th century and nowhere else a glass of Rioja tastes better. Another location to find the ideal background for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production and, in addition, to have fun.
The medieval town of Olite is located in the community of Navarra. This beautiful town is not only known for the beauty of its medieval streets, but also for having an authentic fairytale castle, making Olite one of the most beautiful villages in Spain.
A walk through its old town will transport you to another era and allow you to find the ideal location for your next audiovisual project.
Hondarribia (Basque Country)
Hondarribia is located in the Basque Country, opposite the great mouth of the Bidasoa River, a few kilometers from France. Within its walls of the fifteenth century are narrow and steep alleys, beautiful colorful fishermen’s cottages with wooden balconies full of flowers, as well as imposing mansions with baroque facades.
And, if all this were not enough, Hondarribia has one of the most beautiful and spectacular ports in Spain. You choose which is the best location of the town for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Comillas is located on the Western coast of Cantabria. It is a beautiful town known for its medieval and baroque buildings, such as El Capricho, designed by Gaudí. It is a village with a mixture of architecture that will allow you to alternate different styles in your audiovisual project.
Santillana de Mar (Cantabria)
Its excellent conservation makes it a place where time seems to have stopped, and its architecture is a good example of medieval, Renaissance and Baroque times. The Collegiate Church stands out with a spectacular cloister. This may be the location you were looking for to realise the photographic shooting or audiovisual production you have in mind.
In its surroundings are the Altamira Caves, a World Heritage Site, known as the Sistine Chapel of Rock Art.
Cudillero is a beautiful and charming Asturian town that has a fascinating harbor from where you can see the beautiful colorful houses among which you have to walk to savor the charm of this village. The Cantabrian light and the very diverse houses, in colors and shapes, make it the ideal place for a good audiovisual project.
Plenty of refreshing sea air in one of the most beautiful villages of the Asturian coast. It is a delight to walk through its steep and cobbled streets, whose houses literally hang on top of each other on the hillside.
It is the stage where some Spanish series has been shot, also near the lighthouse on the outskirts of the town, located on a cliff from which you can enjoy spectacular views of the Bay of Biscay. An unparalleled fund for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
The 7 kilometers on the shores of the Atlantic that separate Combarro from Pontevedra are a journey through time. In Combarro the watches stopped for years and perhaps that’s why its old town is a testimony of life in Galicia throughout history, with its three traditional Galician architectural elements: “hórreos” (raised granaries), “casas marineras” (sea houses) and crosses.
The word “picturesque” does not do justice to this corner, forged by the sea and the tradition, that has so well preserved its heritage. A trip to the past for your audiovisual project.
Frías (Castile and León)
Located on the banks of the Ebro on its way through the province of Burgos, this beautiful medieval town is crowned by the fantastic castle of the Dukes of Frías and the church of San Vicente. Around these buildings are houses that hang from the rock in defiance of the law of gravity.
It has the title of being the smallest city in Spain, besides one of the most beautiful. Get lost in its streets and find the perfect background for a photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
La Alberca (Castile and Leon)
La Alberca is a dream village, not only because of its houses built with stones supported by wooden trusses, but also because few municipalities have managed to preserve their festivals and traditions like this one.
Located in a privileged environment, in the Sierra de Francia-Quilamas, in the province of Salamanca, this fantastic town is well worth a visit in your next audiovisual project.
Patones de Arriba (Madrid)
Located in the province of Madrid, Patones de Arriba is a typical village of what is known as the Black Architecture, that means, its buildings are built on the basis of slate. On weekends, it is visited by dozens of tourists, which led to the prohibition of vehicles inside the town. Tranquility and a typical architecture for a photographic shooting of the most original.
Alcalá de Júcar (Castilla-La Mancha)
Alcalá del Júcar looks like something out of a fairy tale. Their houses have adjusted over the years to the shape of the mountainside, which is crowned by an Arab castle from which the views are indescribable.
It is possible to step here on cobblestones but also to cross the Roman bridge that dramatically crosses the Júcar river. This historical place has a network of legendary caves and is also known by the architecture of its houses carved out of the mountain climbing in narrow and steep streets. A polyvalent location for a high-level audiovisual production.
Peníscola (Valencian Community)
A Medieval city that juts out into the sea, with swirling streets around its Templar castle, the castle of Papa Luna, which stands out on the rock on which also the historic center of the village is located. An indescribable framework with wonderful views of the Mediterranean for your next audiovisual project.
Morella (Valencian Community)
Centuries-old walls crowned by an imposing castle that was built by the Arabs taking advantage of the existing rock, with extraordinary views of the Alto Maestrazgo massif.
In its surroundings we can highlight the aqueduct of Santa Lucía, from the 14th century, and the prehistoric cave paintings from the caves of Morella La Vella, declared a World Heritage Site. As you see, endless options for your audiovisual production.
Caravaca de la Cruz (Murcia)
Despite a certain air of decadence, Caravaca de la Cruz is the proof that in Murcia there is much more than beaches, orchards and urban overexploitation. This town was created around its famous Baroque basilica, which is on top of the town under the protection of the palace of the taifa, the Muslim-ruled principality, that dominated these parts much earlier.
Caravaca de la Cruz is an incredible place for lovers of architecture and Renaissance and Baroque art, with examples scattered everywhere. The landscape, its streets and its people are the best excuses to locate your audiovisual project here.
Olvera is a wonderful chaos of corners, streets and windows with bars in bare facades. To get out of this there is only one solution, look beyond the rooftops to find the remains of its Andalusian walls.
That’s where the neo-classical church of La Encarnación dominates, with its surprising dimensions and neoclassical aspect. Next to it is an Arab castle so well placed for the photo, modest, irregular and magical, that you can not resist the temptation to use it as the background of your next photographic shooting.
Located in the mountains, in the northwest of the province of Malaga. This municipality with its bullfighting tradition is located in a privileged environment. Ronda overlooks a huge and spectacular precipice, which makes it one of the most beautiful villages in Spain.
Both from the top and from the bottom, the views are spectacular and they will be the highlights of your audiovisual production.
An important urban complex of cultural interest, of recognized historical, urban, architectural and patrimonial value. Originally it was a Muslim defensive enclave and was reconquered by the Cristians in 1232. It is a location brimming with churches, convents and palaces of conquerors for your next audiovisual project.
This beautiful town of Arab origin, composed of steep and narrow streets, is located on the island of Mallorca. Its main attraction is the Cartuja de Valldemosa.
Located in an elevated position, it is part of the valley of the Sierra de Tramuntana, full of olive and almond trees. It is rich in springs and is surrounded by abundant and lush vegetation. Here you will find locations of all kinds for your audiovisual production.
Garachico (Canary Islands)
Garachico is small but colorful and condenses in its territory the essence of colonial Tenerife. It is a wonderful place forged by nature and history. The volcanic eruption that destroyed its port in 1706 took away a source of wealth but, at the same time, contributed to the town’s preservation so well.
Walking through its streets is a pleasure … but it is still more fun to bathe in the pools of rocks that the lava created in its path. A unique location for a most daring photographic shooting.
- Portada – https://www.hola.com/viajes/2016012583366/pueblos-bonitos-espana/
- Cadaques1 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cadaqu%C3%A9s
- Cadaques2 – https://www.pinterest.es/pin/764767580445001310/?lp=true
- Besalu1 – https://canales.okdiario.com/viajes/2017/06/14/besalu-39945
- Besalu2 – https://jordicarrio.com/besalu
- Albarracin1 – https://www.escapadarural.com/blog/fotos-para-desear-ir-a-albarracin/
- Albarracin2 – https://www.luxecaravaning.com/blog/familia-ganadora-concurso-fin-de-semana-gratis-luxecaravaning/albarracin_y_su_muralla-2/
- Cantavieja1 – http://fotosastre.blogspot.com.es/2012/08/cantavieja.html
- Cantavieja2 – http://maestrazgotemplario.blogspot.com.es/2015/12/el-misterio-del-misal-de-cantavieja.html
- Calzada1 – http://www.parador.es/es/blog/escapada-medieval-con-paradores-santo-domingo-de-la-calzada
- Calzada2 – https://www.escapadarural.com/que-hacer/santo-domingo-de-la-calzada
- Olite1 – https://www.viajerospiratas.es/tag/olite
- Olite2 – https://www.escapadarural.com/que-hacer/olite-erriberri
- Hondarribia1 – http://www.sistersandthecity.com/vacaciones-en-hondarribia/
- Hondarribia2 – http://fotolector.diariovasco.com/2014/detalles.php?image_id=2097
- Comillas1 – http://pensioncomillas.es/la-villa-de-comillas/
- Comillas2 – https://www.posadasantaana.com/comillas/
- Santillana1 – http://www.deviajeporcantabria.com/santillana-del-mar-la-ciudad-de-las-tres-mentiras/
- Santillana2 – http://www.eldiariomontanes.es/occidental-liebana/201601/16/santillana-entre-diez-pueblos-20160116143303.html
- Cudillero1 – https://www.elconfidencial.com/multimedia/album/viajes/2015-11-18/de-santillana-del-mar-a-ubeda-ciudades-de-espana-donde-disfrutar-del-otono_1085162#0
- Cudillero2 – https://viajes.chavetas.es/guia/asturias/que-ver-en-cudillero/
- Lastres1 – http://www.deambulandoconartabria.com/2014/09/lastres-asturias.html
- Lastres2 – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lastres
- Combarro1 – http://villafotoblogg.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/combarro-pueblo-con-encanto-gallego.html
- Combarro2 – https://www.pinterest.es/pin/339318153152875998/?lp=true
- Frias1 – https://espaciofotografico.eu/frias-y-tobera-burgos/
- Frias2 – https://www.flickr.com/photos/javier_nistal/5688294672
- Alberca1 – https://julianbecerro.com/en/la-alberca-a-beautiful-village-in-salamanca/
- Alberca2 – http://www.wikiwand.com/es/La_Alberca_(Salamanca)
- Patones1 – https://www.teveoenmadrid.com/2012/03/patones-de-arriba-un-pueblo-con-rey/
- Patones2 – https://itsmemisspg.wordpress.com/2015/11/03/recorriendo-madrid-patones-de-arriba/
- Jucar1 – https://trapatroles.wordpress.com/tag/alcala-del-jucar/
- Jucar2 – http://www.casasruralesalcaladeljucar.eu/
- Peñiscola1 – http://meraviglia.es/peniscola-un-destino-de-pelicula/
- Peñiscola2 – http://www.tancatdecodorniu.com/peniscola/
- Morella1 – https://gozarte.net/reservas/nos-excursion-morella-peniscola-mas-8-9-octubre/
- Morella2 – http://elevation.maplogs.com/poi/morella_castell_spain.112809.html
- Caravaca1 – http://www.turismocaravaca.com/blog/plaza-del-arco-de-caravaca-de-la-cruz/
- Caravaca2 – http://www.regmurcia.com/servlet/s.Sl?sit=a,74&r=ApP-2390-DETALLE_APORTACION
- Olvera1 – http://aceando.blogspot.com.es/2013/10/puente-andalucia-1-olvera.html
- Olvera2 – http://www.cadizturismo.com/destinos/provincias/cadiz/municipios/olvera/historia/
- Ronda1 – http://www.welovemalaga.com/es/product/visita-pie-ronda/
- Ronda2 – https://www.esngranada.org/events/ronda-y-el-torcal-de-antequera
- Trujillo1 – http://www.turismoextremadura.com/viajar/turismo/es/explora/Trujillo/
- Trujillo2 – http://www.leyendasdecastillos.com/2016/03/el-castillo-de-trujillo-y-la-desdichada.html
- Valldemosa1 – http://sientebaleares.com/valldemossa-en-mallorca/
- Valldemosa2 – https://www.seemallorca.com/valldemossa
- Garachico1 – https://www.webtenerife.com/tenerife/la-isla/municipios/garachico/?tab=1
- Garachico2 – http://viagallica.com/canaries/lang_es/ville_garachico.htm
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.