The 15 most spectacular bridges in Spain
A bridge is a construction that allows you to cross a geographical feature such as a river, a canyon, a valley, a road, a railway, or any other physical obstacle.
The design of each bridge varies depending on its function and the nature of the terrain on which it is built. In Spain we have bridges of all kinds: modern, old, large, small, in perfect condition, etc.
We are convinced that we will find the bridge for you that suits the needs of your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Roman bridge of Alcantara
This bridge crosses the Tagus river as it passes through the town of Alcántara, in the province of Cáceres. It consists of 6 arches and in the middle of the bridge it has a Triumphal arch of 10 meters of height. A good and spectacular option for your audiovisual project.
It is a unique construction for its size and state of preservation. Apart from being almost 2,000 years old, since its last restoration, more than a century and a half ago, nothing has ever been retouched. It was declared a World Heritage Site and National Monument in 1924.
Bridge of Caminito del Rey
It is located between the towns of Ardales, Antequera and Álora, in the province of Málaga. The bridge only measures 10 meters in length, is located over 400 meters high and saves what is known as the “Desfiladero de los Gaitanes”.
It is located within the route known as “Caminito del Rey”, a patchway of 3 km of length and surely we see here the most spectacular bridge in Spain. Within the route you will find this and many other ideal locations for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Old Bridge of Besalú
This Roman bridge rises over the river Fluviá in the municipality of Besalú, in the region of La Garrotxa, Girona. The bridge had to be rebuilt in the 14th century and again after the Civil War because it was heavily damaged.
It consists of two angled sections separated by a tower in the center. It is composed of 8 arches. Both the bridge and the medieval town make it an idyllic location, worthy of hosting your audiovisual project.
Bridge of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
Located between the Biscayan towns of Bermeo and Bakio, it connects with two arches the islet of Gaztelugatxe with the peninsula. Once crossed the bridge and if we climb 241 steps, we will arrive at the hermitage of San Juan, one of the most spectacular ones in the world, with unique views.
All these elements together form one of the most spectacular landscapes of Euskadi, more than worth visiting. The team of Game of Thrones filmed here many scenes of last season. Are you going to miss this opportunity to make your next audiovisual production or photographic shooting here?
Hanging bridge of Monachil
The town of Monachil is located in the province of Granada, within the route of Los Cachorros where we can cross some of the most spectacular bridges over the Monachil river.
The route has a length of 8 km and is not difficult. You will be able to cross amazing bridges because of their narrowness and because it seems that nothing holds them. They seem to hang freely in the air. Spectacular locations for your audiovisual project.
Roman bridge of Salamanca
This bridge is one of the oldest in our country. It measures 176 meters long and is built on 26 half-point arches, of which only the first 15 remain today.
It is now a pedestrian bridge and the best time to visit it is at night as the light play of the cathedral turns the stage into something spectacular. An ideal night landscape for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Roman Bridge of Cordoba
Also known as the “Old Bridge”. Originally it had 17 arches, although at present there are only 15 left. It was the only access point to the city from the south and in 1931 it was declared an Asset of Cultural Interest.
This bridge over the Guadalquivir river has a statue of the archangel Raphael and it offers you the best views of the city. A location with history and spectacular views for your next audiovisual project.
Bridge of Triana
It unites the center of the city of Seville with the popular district of Triana. The bridge, which crosses the Guadalquivir river, is one of the best known in Spain. Maybe it’s because the most famous procession in the city crosses this bridge on the night of Holy Thursday. A bridge totally integrated in the big city that preserves its essence for your photographic shooting or more urban audiovisual production.
Roman Bridge of Merida
This bridge rises over the Guadiana river and consists of 62 arches. It measures 762 meters long and 12 meters high. The Vía de la Plata, that crossed the peninsula from north to south passed through Mérida, which meant that this bridge had to be built in order to cross the river. The bridge is a World Heritage Site by Unesco since 1993. You can not miss this historic location for your audiovisual project.
New Bridge of Ronda
It was built to unite the old part with the new part of the city. Due to its majesty and its almost 100 meters of height crossing the Guadalevín river, it has become the main image of the city of Ronda. To make the best photos of this bridge, you must visit the Jardines de Cuenca and the best time of the day for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting is the sunset.
Roman Bridge of Cangas de Onís
This curious bridge that overflies the river Sella has the name of “Roman bridge” despite being medieval, because its construction was on Roman remains. This bridge is worth your attention, for its shape and for the replica of the Cross of Victory that hangs from it. Originally it was built to unite the two parts of the city of Cangas de Onís, but now it is considered as an emblem of the city and even of Asturias. A perfect location to locate your next audiovisual project.
Stone Bridge of Zaragoza
The Stone Bridge had as objective to unite the old center of Zaragoza with the zones of cultures, that were on the other side of the Ebro river. Here you will find the best views of the Ebro, its banks and the Basilica del Pilar. If you want the best images for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production, the most recommendable moment is the sunset.
Bridge of Vizcaya
The suspension bridge of Vizcaya is one of the UNESCO World Heritage sites in Spain and links the two banks of the Bilbao estuary between Getxo and Portugalete. It was built in 1893, and it was the first transporter bridge in the world. It stands out for having a gondola for transporting vehicles and passengers. One more claim to make it the center of your audiovisual project.
Bridge of Rande (Pontevedra)
It is located in the Strait of Rande and joins both banks of the Vigo estuary. They make up one of the most beautiful landscapes in Spain. It is one of the most modern ones of this list, for a more current audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
- Alcantara1: https://www.guiarepsol.com/es/turismo/destinos/el-mejor-rincon/puente-de-alcantara/
- Alcantara2: http://turismoextremadura.com/viajar/turismo/es/explora/Puente-romano-de-Alcantara_1924203554/
- Caminito1: http://www.negociosdelmundo.com/2017/01/el-caminito-del-rey-ha-dado-un-impulso.html
- Caminito2: https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senderismo/nuevo-caminito-del-rey-en-el-desfiladero-de-los-gaitanes-malaga-9204702
- Besalu1: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Puente_viejo_de_Besal%C3%BA.jpg
- Besalu2: https://www.laotraruta.net/besalu-encanto-esta-mas-cerca-lo-crees/
- Gaztelugatxe1: http://cineuropa.org/fela.aspx?t=profile&l=es&did=334313
- Gaztelugatxe2: https://blogs.hogarmania.com/2017/07/san-juan-gaztelugatxe-mucho-mas-la-fortaleza-rocadragon/
- Monachil1: http://www.pacoyesther.com/es/aug-1092-fotografia-de-paisajes
- Monachil2: http://eldominguerolowcost.blogspot.com.es/2015/03/los-cahorros-monachil-granada.html
- Salamanca1: https://www.itinari.com/location/the-puente-romano-de-salamanca
- Salamanca2: https://www.culturavia.com/blog/2016/08/23/salamanca-ciudad-universitaria-cuna-del-castellano/puente-romano-salamanca/
- Cordoba1: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_bridge_of_C%C3%B3rdoba
- Cordoba2: http://www.artencordoba.com/otros-monumentos/puente-romano-cordoba.html
- Martorell1: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Puente_del_Diablo,_Martorell,_Catalonia,_Spain._Pic_05.jpg
- Martorell2: http://www.laxarxa.com/media/noticia/martorell-acull-aquest-divendres-l-equip-de-pais-km-0
- Triana1: https://www.cataloniahotels.com/es/blog/un-paseo-por-triana/
- Triana2: http://objetivocadiz.lavozdigital.es/fotos-logut/atardecer-puente-triana-sevilla-1132475.html
- Merida1: http://www.turismoextremadura.com/viajar/turismo/es/explora/Puente-Romano-sobre-el-Guadiana_1924203554/
- Merida2: http://www.pentaxeros.com/forum/index.php?topic=17756.0
- Ronda1: http://www.deviajeporandalucia.net/ronda-la-belleza-malaguena/
- Ronda2: https://canales.okdiario.com/viajes/2016/06/27/balcon-cono-ronda-arcos-5630
- Cangas1: https://www.acampos.es/fotografia-178-puente-romano-de-cangas-de-onis-asturias
- Cangas2: http://www.asturiasfilmcommission.es/place/puente-romano-de-cangas-de-onis/
- Zaragoza1: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Ebro_y_Puente_de_Piedra.JPG
- Zaragoza2: http://www.salinasjavi.com/fotografia/zaragozaciudad.html
- Vizcaya1: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Puente_de_Vizcaya.jpg
- Vizcaya2: http://archidonalezo.blogspot.com.es/2015/06/puente-de-vizcaya.html
- Rande1: http://megaconstrucciones.net/?construccion=puente-rande
- Rande2: http://galiciauniversal.org/urbanismo/el-urbanismo-en-galicia/puente-de-rande
- Portada: http://www.1zoom.me/es/wallpaper/477978/z2792.3/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.