10 Essential places of the Basque Country for an audiovisual production
The Basque Country is one of those regions in which man has managed to live in harmony with the nature that surrounds him.
Beaches, castles, medieval villages, vineyards, mountains, nature reserves, great gastronomy and good people … What else do you need to locate your next audiovisual project here?
Hermitage of San Juan de Gaztelugatxe
On the islet of Gaztelugatxe, just off the coast near Bermeo, appears a beautiful and small hermitage, over a thousand years old.
The pictures from the various viewpoints on the coast are the most photographed, but it is even more impressive to cross the old stone bridge, with its two arches, that connects the island to the coast, and ascend the 241 steps that lead to the mythical hermitage. Here you will find funds for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production at every step. They say that if you ring the bell three times, you have good luck and you chase away the evil spirits.
In the municipality of Gatica stands a spectacular castle of grey rock. The exterior aspect of Butrón Castle is typical medieval: stately and impregnable at the same time. Its walls are four meters thick.
The landscape surrounding the castle enhances its beauty and gives it a touch of melancholy. You can go on horseback through the forest on the side of the river Butrón, if you want to recreate a scene with an old medieval knight in your audiovisual project.
Bay of the Concha
The city of San Sebastian is reputed to be one of the most beautiful in Spain, mainly thanks to La Concha Bay, which stretches across the seafront. Here you will have locations of all kinds for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
La Concha Bay has two golden sand beaches: La Concha and Ondarreta. In the middle of the bay you see the Island of Santa Clara. This small islet even has a lighthouse, a small beach and some trails that lead to picnic areas and the terrace of a bar.
The small town of Lekeitio is located at the end of the Bay of Biscay. Its natural beaches are not the only attraction, its monuments include several Gothic jewels – such as the Basilica of the Assumption of Our Lady and the Turpin Tower – and also Baroque ones, such as the Uriarte Palace. The fishing port at sunset is also a perfect location for your audiovisual project.
The city of Vitoria-Gasteiz is surely worth a visit. Near the cathedral, which dominates the city from the top of the hill, a network of old narrow streets still conserve the names of the craft guilds that lived in them. All lead to the famous Plaza de la Virgen Blanca. You can also choose the Salburúa wetlands, a spectacular green area for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Guggenheim Museum Bilbao
The Guggenheim Museum in Bilbao is a masterpiece of architecture, located in the heart of Bilbao. Much more known for its exterior than for the magnificent collection it houses inside. It will be difficult to find the best perspective to locate your audiovisual project here.
The museum has been named by many architects as « the best building of the twentieth century » and that is no wonder. Frank Gehry, the creator of this jewel, had focused on the history of Bilbao at the time of designing this building, and had decided to reflect a boat moored on the left bank of the Nervión River.
Hanging bridge of Portugalete or Puente Bizkaia
This work of modern engineering is since 2006 part of the heritage of humanity by UNESCO. The bridge links the municipalities of Getxo and Portugalete. To get an idea of the different options to locate your audiovisual production or photographic shooting here, we recommend you to go first through the upper part of the suspension bridge and return in its hanging gondola, so that you will see all possible perspectives offered by the suspension bridge.
The Geopark of the Basque coast or Geoparka
The Geopark of the Basque coast is a geological park near the localities of Zumaia, Deba and Nutriku. It is a wonder of nature, with more than 13 km. of limestone cliffs, rushing into the sea, in dozens of possible ways.
Choose how you want to portray this marvel in your audiovisual project, with gentle slopes, or with abrupt ones, flowing into the Bay of Biscay. This brown, grey and green spectacle alternates with beautiful wild beaches and hard to reach coves.
Reserve of Urdaibai
The reserve of Urdaibai is one of the most emblematic natural spaces of Bizkaia. Formed by marshes, forests, cliffs and beaches, it offers you locations for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production, full of charm.
The Urdaibai Reserve covers an area of 220 square kilometers and is one of the places in Europe preferred by ornithologists. In addition you can also practice hiking, mountain biking, diving and surfing on Mundaka beach, with the most famous waves in Europe.
Gorbea Natural Park
Mount Gorbea is the main protagonist of this Natural Park. It is located on the border between Vizcaya and Álava, 1.482 meters high, and it is the highest mountain of both provinces. In the domains of the park are rivers, snowfields, caves and forests of oak, beech and alder, among others. To locate your audiovisual project you have at your disposal a wide network of marked trails that you can walk, bike or ride.
- Portada – https://turismo.euskadi.eus/es/
- Ermita de San Juan de Gaztelugatxe – http://www.nationalgeographic.com.es/fotografia/foto-del-dia/islote-ermita-san-juan-gaztelugatxe_7039
- Ermita de San Juan de Gaztelugatxe1 – https://www.senditur.com/es/punto-interes/ermita-de-san-juan-de-gaztelugatxe/
- Castillo de Butrón – http://porsolea.com/castillo-de-butron-ruta-de-castillos-medievales/
- Castillo de Butrón1 – http://porsolea.com/castillo-de-butron-ruta-de-castillos-medievales/
- Bahía de la Concha – http://fotolector.diariovasco.com/2011/detalles.php?image_id=3366
- Bahía de la Concha1 – http://porsolea.com/la-bahia-de-la-concha-atardeceres-de-ensueno/
- Lekeitio – https://www.pinterest.es/pin/349310514829523612/?lp=true
- Lekeitio1 – https://www.hotel.info/es/citymoments/pueblos-costeros/lekeitio/
- Vitoria-Gasteiz – https://www.ciclosfera.com/vitoria-gasteiz-movilidad-sostenible/
- Vitoria-Gasteiz1 – https://www.biospheretourism.com/es/entidad/vitoria-gasteiz/169
- Museo Guggenheim – http://rz100.blogspot.com.es/2015/09/arte-para-ninos-una-visita-al-museo_31.html
- Museo Guggenheim1 – https://www.guggenheim-bilbao.eus/obras/fuente-de-fuego-2/
- Puente Bizkaia – http://www.bilbaoactual.com/el-puente-colgante-entra-en-parada-tecnica-esta-noche-a-las-9/
- Puente Bizkaia1 – http://puente-colgante.com/entrevista-con-javier-goitia-asesor-tecnico-del-puente-bizkaia/
- Geoparkea – http://www.debegesa.eus/es/ciudadania/debabarrena-turismo/euskal-kostaldeko-geoparkea/view
- Geoparkea1 – http://sansebastianregion.com/es/destinos/costa-vasca
- Reserva de Urdaibai – http://porsolea.com/urdaibai-parques-y-reservas-naturales/
- Reserva de Urdaibai1 – http://www.donosticity.org/galeria_fotos_det.asp?id=55
- Parque Natural de Gorbea – https://www.escapadarural.com/blog/fotos-para-desear-ir-al-gorbea/
- Parque Natural de Gorbea1 – https://www.escapadarural.com/blog/fotos-para-desear-ir-al-gorbea/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.