Unknown corners of the Canary Islands
The Canary Islands are gorgeous islands of sun and beaches of fine sand, which enjoy a spring-like temperature throughout the year.
. It’s an archipelago of 7 islands (Gran Canaria, Fuerteventura, Lanzarote, Tenerife, La Palma, La Gomera and El Hierro) and a few islets (Alegranza, Graciosa, Montaña Clara, Roque del Este, Roque del Oeste and Lobos) in the Atlantic ocean, southwest of the Iberian Peninsula.
Each island is different from the others and its landscapes offer corners of all kinds for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production. The Canary Islands are a very recent volcanic archipelago, geologically, and its coasts are the most exposed to the influences of erosion, due to marine activity.
Cave of the Greens (Lanzarote)
It is one of the longest lava tunnels of its kind and considered as the longest in the world. Its length is more than six kilometers that leads from the crater to the sea. It is a trip to the bowels of the earth, a natural tunnel formed by the Corona Volcano some 5,000 years ago, in the north of the island of Lanzarote. A very interesting location but with great need of light for an ambitious audiovisual project.
The volcanic tube phenomenon occurs when very fluid lavas descend below more compact lavas, like an underground river, modeling a cavity. Towards the end of the tunnel, when you reach the coast, you will find Jameos del Agua, a center of art, culture and tourism built to be adapted to the natural formation of the lava tube.
A volcanic islet (Isla Graciosa
In all the island La Graciosa there are only some elevations, it is a landscape of volcanic origin with just two villages, the oldest one is Caleta de Sebo. It is a small island, quiet and of an exotic beauty. Towards the south there are wide beaches of clear sands for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production out of season. You can only arrive by boat to retire from the world in this corner surrounded by blue waters.
Reserve of the Chinyero volcano (Tenerife)
The Chinyero Volcano Reserve is a protected area with a volcanic landscape that was recently covered with ash and lava. A landscape that looks black and desolate, where trees and an incipient forest begin to grow. It is located on the island of Tenerife, and the area is the scene of the last eruption recorded on the island in 1909. Since then it has been inactive. A totally different location for an audiovisual project of the most daring.
Roque Nublo (Gran Canaria)
Roque Nublo is a rocky cape on the island of Gran Canaria where at sunset, especially in spring and summer, the trade winds contribute to form a sea of clouds. It is an unique opportunity to see a blanket of clouds from above, impregnated with the orange color of the sunlight.
Roque Nublo is a natural monument and its view from the viewpoint in Pico de las Nieves is one of the privileged spots to enjoy an unforgettable sunset on the island of Gran Canaria. It will be the highlight of your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
The buffalo of La Garita (Gran Canaria)
In Playa de la Garita we find a curious little corner, a natural whim. There are hollow prismatic basalt formations that get inundated with water. As a result, it creates not only an illusion of absorbing water, it sprays also an exciting high fountain after. The name « El Bufadero » is easy to explain, because of the noise produced by the water in the rocks.
Dunes of Maspalomas (Gran Canaria)
The Maspalomas Dunes are located in the south of the island of Gran Canaria and are within a reserve for its particular ecosystem. Suddenly, one can feel like walking in the middle of an endless desert, where some species of a particular insect live, the Giant Lizard of Gran Canaria, and birds adapted to the place. A desert next to the sea that can become a good location for your next audiovisual project.
Villa Mariana de Teror (Gran Canaria)
Teror is located in the north of the island of Gran Canaria and is a much visited city. It is one of the oldest municipalities on the Canary archipelago, also known as Villa Mariana de Teror. The city has in its historic center, around the Royal Street of La Plaza, one of the most beautiful architectural complexes of the islands. An urban location anchored in time for your audiovisual project.
The Royal Street of La Plaza has stately homes and an architecture that although it is not of an uniform style, today is an historical heritage. It preserves old and traditional shops linked to the great activity of the Port of Las Palmas. And if there is a typical distinctive element of the street and the historic area, it are its balconies, authentic examples of Canarian architecture and a hallmark of identity.
Timanfaya National Park (Lanzarote)
The Timanfaya National Park counts more than 300 volcanoes, some so « recent » that they leave a footprint of petrified lava, deserts of volcanic ash, cracks, craters and curiosities like a soil that a few centimeters deep have a very high temperature. So high that by throwing a bucket of water into a crack, the earth instantly returns it as an improvised geyser. A volcanic landscape as from another planet for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
The Organs (La Gomera)
In the north of the island of La Gomera, the erosion of the sea has uncovered a landscape that is known as Los Órganos, ancient remains of volcanic lava solidified as pillars or basaltic columns due to its slow cooling. A landscape with cliffs and coastal elevations up to 700 meters high, an absolutely impressive site to locate your audiovisual project.
A beach paradise. Sotavento looks idyllic in each image, although it is a beach that is usually infamous for its wind. It is spectacular, a large tongue of fine sand covered in water depending on the tide, with hundreds of lively sportsmen practicing all kinds of water sports. A location that offers an ideal landscape and environment for an audiovisual production or an alternative photographic shooting.
- Cueva de los Verdes1 – https://ociolanzarote.com/descubre-la-isla/lanzarote/
- Cueva de los Verdes2 – https://www.luxe.ru/geo/spain/lanzarote
- Isla Graciosa1 – http://www.italiansinvacanza.it/category/europa/
- Isla Graciosa2- https://apeadero.es/2016/01/acampar-gratis-parque-natural-la-graciosa-canarias/
- Reserva del volcán Chinyero1 – http://www3.gobiernodecanarias.org/medusa/edublogs/iesichasagua/2014/05/21/de-ruta-por-el-chinyero/
- Reserva del volcán Chinyero2 – http://faroafaro.com/paisajes-naturales/
- Roque Nublo1 – https://blog.veltravel.ro/top-10-ce-sa-faci-in-gran-canaria/
- Roque Nublo2 – http://www.ranno.eu/sitemap_images_2013.xml
- Bufadero de La Garita1 – http://lacamaradejuanmortega.blogspot.com.es/2012/03/
- Bufadero de La Garita2 – https://www.flickr.com/photos/stereocallo/27594686504/
- Dunas de Maspalomas1 – http://www.efetur.com/noticia/dunas-acantilados-bosques-y-especies-unicas-en-gran-canaria/
- Dunas de Maspalomas2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-rup-pUL68
- Villa Mariana de Teror1 – http://lamardehuellas.blogspot.com.es/2015/01/
- Villa Mariana de Teror2 – http://scoprigrancanaria.it/cose-da-vedere-a-gran-canaria/
- Parque Nacional Timanfaya1 – http://fotografiasaereasdecanarias.blogspot.com/2017/05/parque-nacional-de-timanfaya-lanzarote.html
- Parque Nacional Timanfaya2 – https://fr.travelbird.be/70594/vik-club-coral-beach-lanzarote-canaries/
- Los Órganos1 – http://www.inoutviajes.com/viajes/europa/espana/islas_canarias/la_gomera/san_sebastian_de_la_gomera
- Los Órganos2 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2njt-uhEBQ
- Sotavento (Fuerteventura)1 – https://tonifuerteventura.wordpress.com/2014/07/19/
- Sotavento (Fuerteventura)2 – https://www.pinterest.com/pin/549439223262040622/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.