Architecture and Nature – The most beautiful corners of Extremadura
Inhospitable valleys, impossible jumps and hidden treasures.
The old town of Cáceres, the incredible Roman legacy of Mérida or the famous Jerte Valley and its cherry blossoms, Extremadura offers many places where you can locate your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
One of the most emblematic cities of the Extremaduran community is Mérida. It saves Roman monuments such as the Amphitheater, that still retains much of its structure, the Theater, called a World Heritage Site by Unesco, followed by other monuments such as the Aqueduct of Miracles or the Roman Bridge. The archaeological site of Mérida is declared a World Heritage Site and is one of the most extensive and important ones in Spain. A return to the past for your audiovisual project or photographic shooting.
Historical set of Cáceres
Walking through its well-preserved streets, squares and walls, you feel yourself like transferred to medieval times. The walled city of Cáceres stands out as an important representative of the Spanish Renaissance, and the buildings of its historic center are practically intact. Architecture and tradition for your audiovisual project.
This city of Extremadura has become since the Muslim occupation and to this day an important tourist center. Also series like Game of Thrones were here filmed. It has an important monumental complex, what stands out most is its Plaza Mayor, in Renaissance style. The beautiful architecture of it will not go unnoticed in your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Another key point of Extremadura’s geography is Plasencia and especially its cathedral. One of the only three cathedrals in the world which dome is build using the technique which consists of supporting the tower of the building by means of pendentives, something that gives the highest part of the building a cylindrical and scaled appearance that we will not be able to see somewhere else. It is really a unique work to locate your audiovisual project.
Following your route through Extremadura, you can’t miss a visit to the Alcántara Bridge, a Roman construction that crosses the Tagus River. It has the particularity of having six arches of unequal span, the five supporting pillars have also different measures. A unique location for an audiovisual production or photographic shooting. In addition, the town is located on the border between Spain and Portugal.
Royal Monastery of Guadalupe
Guadalupe is one of the towns where the Isabel la Católica route is running through. Its main attraction is the Royal Monastery of Guadalupe, a building where styles such as Gothic, Renaissance, Baroque and Neoclassical stand out. Its facade is beautiful and combines a beautiful Gothic and Mudejar architecture, which you can capture in your audiovisual project.
Monfragüe National Park
It gathers the most extensive and best conserved zone of Mediterranean mountains in the world. In the Tajo and Tiétar valleys we find a myriad of rocks, holm oaks, forest and Mediterranean scrub as well as reservoirs and streams that make up a typically Iberian landscape, with its varied fauna and flora, for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Valle del Jerte
The Valle del Jerte, in the north of the province of Cáceres, is one of the most interesting places in Extremadura, especially during the flowering season of the cherry trees, whose blossoms cover the valley every year at the end of March, early April. If you want to stand out in your audiovisual project, choose this time of the year to locate it.
The landscape of Las Hurdes, a labyrinth of mountains, forests, rivers and waterfalls, does not leave anyone indifferent. Sometimes it is wild and rough, sometimes lush and multicolored. The numerous streams, gorges and jets of crystalline waters enchant by their beauty, so the villages and farmhouses do. Houses, churches, bridges, terraces, roads … choose what you are most interested in for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Throat of the Hells
This nature reserve, located in the Valle del Jerte, is included between the northwestern slope of the Sierra de Tormantos, the southwestern slope of the Sierra de Gredos and the Jerte River. It is nature in its purest state for your audiovisual project. The environment of the Garganta de los Infiernos is beautiful and of a great natural wealth. Two of the most spectacular points of interest are the area of Los Pilones, with its giant pots, and the Chorrero de la Virgen, an impressive waterfall that can be seen from the Chorrero viewpoint.
- Portada – http://extremaduraregionemprendedoraeuropea.com/es/datos-generales/
- Mérida – https://guialias.com/2014/11/04/escapa-extremadura/
- Mérida1 – http://turismoextremadura.com/viajar/turismo/es/explora/Merida/
- Cáceres – https://ata.es/el-ayuntamiento-de-caceres-y-ata-ponen-en-marcha-un-programa-de-apoyo-al-reemprendimiento/
- Cáceres1 – https://larevistadesotogrande.com/caceres-una-escapada-para-chuparse-los-dedos/
- Trujillo – https://www.easyviajar.com/espana/trujillo
- Trujillo1 – https://www.libertaddigital.com/fotos/las-plazas-mas-bonitas-de-espana-viajar-y-comer-1012989/plaza_mayor_trujillo.jpg.html
- Plasencia – https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/hostal-el-cobertizo.es.html
- Plasencia1 – https://parajesxvisitar.com/que-ver-en-plasencia-extremadura/
- Alcántara – https://www.guiarepsol.com/es/turismo/destinos/el-mejor-rincon/puente-de-alcantara/
- Alcántara1 – https://unosamigosdeparadores.blogspot.com.es/2015/07/el-puente-de-alcantara-caceres.html
- Guadalupe – http://theluxonomist.es/2017/12/20/guadalupe-pueblo-mas-bonito-ferrero-rocher/eugenia-marcos
- Guadalupe1 – http://www.abc.es/viajar/abci-pueblo-extremadura-incluido-veces-entre-mas-bellos-espana-2017-201712211221_noticia.html
- Monfragüe – http://www.deviajeporextremadura.net/parque-nacional-de-monfrague/
- Monfragüe1 – http://www.navartur.es/sin-categoria/parque-nacional-monfrague.htm
- Jerte https://primaveraycerezoenflor.blogspot.com.es/2017/02/primavera-y-cerezo-en-flor-2017-valle.html
- Jerte1 – https://primaveraycerezoenflor.blogspot.com.es/2017/02/primavera-y-cerezo-en-flor-2017-valle.html
- Hurdes – https://revistacameralucida.es/rincones-de-espa%C3%B1a-meandro-del-melero-7ee9f7d710cb
- Hurdes1 – http://lacachuela.blogspot.com.es/2013/09/un-paseo-por-las-hurdes-2-parte.html
- Infiernos – https://ca.wikiloc.com/rutes-senderisme/garganta-de-los-infiernos-reserva-natural-de-los-infiernos-jerte-caceres-277640/photo-63984
- Infiernos1 – http://www.vallecereza.com/ofertas-exclusivas-en-el-valle-del-jerte/descenso-de-barrancos-ruta-4×4-recojida-de-cerezas
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.