We discovered the 10 most impressive places in Galicia
Galicia is a land full of myths and legends. It is the place where the pilgrims seek peace at the end of their journey. Galicia is beautiful, green, blue and mysterious. It is an area to get lost in different places like mountains, rivers, capes and cathedrals.
We, from the RVD Media Group, want to help you to choose the best locations for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting in this peculiar autonomous region.
Santiago de Compostela
There are several reasons why visiting this beautiful and charming city is a must. Its Cathedral, the magnificent façade of the Obradoiro, the door of the Platerias and the mythical Botafumeiro. The Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela is the most outstanding work of Romanesque art in Spain. It is, in addition, also the final goal of all the Routes to Santiago. A mythical and mystical location for your audiovisual project.
Faro de Finisterre
They say that the cape of Finisterre is the authentic end of the Camino de Santiago, where pilgrims must burn the clothes they wear, and end their journey. This cape was considered as the end of the earth. The beauty of its lighthouse confers a certain solemnity to the place and breathes a certain essence of sacredness. It will give a magical atmosphere to your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Tower of Hercules
This tower has the privilege of being the oldest Roman lighthouse still in operation around the world. The views that are contemplated from its peak are the best reward for those who dare climb their more than two hundred steps. A spectacular location for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting. In addition, the sculptural park that extent around it, in the open air, forms one of those essential corners in which you can enjoy nature, leisure and sport activities.
Rías Baixas Vineyards
Here are a million things to see: its beaches, its historical monuments and evocative towns like Baiona or Sanxenxo. But very peculiar to see are the vineyards that multiply along the coast flowing into the beaches of the estuary. A great region to locate your audiovisual project. In the district of Salnés you find the largest area of vineyards and the wineries of Rías Baixas Designation of Origin are here concentrated. It is an area that has already an age-old wine tradition.
The Cies Islands are a natural paradise with beaches of clear sand and turquoise waters. The perfect place for an audiovisual production or a photographic shooting. It is a national park and it is protected from any element that interferes with the conservation of its ecosystem. A visit to the Cies is limited to the summer month and Easter.
Beach of the cathedrals
You will find this beach in the north of the province of Lugo, between Foz and Ribadeo. The arches and vaults that dot the sand are worn by the wind and the water. It is hard to believe that one day they were vertiginous cliffs. On this beach you can enter caves that appear among its impressive walls, spectacular for your audiovisual project.
This town is famous for the collection of granaries on the beach. There are at least thirty of them. Also its multitude of wonderful cruceiros (crosses), spread over this charming old town, and the delicious promenade will make you want to locate your audiovisual production or photographic shooting here.
Canyon of Sil and Ribeira Sacra
For thousands of years the Sil River is eroding this region, creating abrupt gorges of more than 500 meters deep, with spectacular views for a photographic shooting or audiovisual production. The Balconies of Madrid are a viewpoint that is hanging over the abyss, with the sanctuary of Cadeiras on the other shore and the plain of Monforte as horizon.
National Park Fragas do Eume
This park, a mysterious place with thick forests, where light comes always veiled, extends along the river that bears the same name. It is one of the best examples of a thermophilic Atlantic forest and the Galician autochthonous nature, and perfect as a location for an audiovisual project. Although the climate here is humid and even somber, its natural beauty, so particular and exuberant, gives it an aspect of an “enchanted forest”.
- Portada – https://www.lonelyplanet.com/spain/galicia/travel-tips-and-articles/galicia-exploring-the-crossroads-of-spanish-and-celtic-culture/40625c8c-8a11-5710-a052-1479d276ec85
- Catedral de Santiago de Compostela1 – https://albergueapedra.com/la-catedral-santiago-compostela/
- Catedral de Santiago de Compostela2 – http://xacopedia.com/Santiago_de_Compostela_catedral_de
- Faro de Finisterre1 – https://www.pilgrim.es/en/camino-santiago/services/tour-finisterre/
- Faro de Finisterre2 – http://www.caminodosfaros.com/faro-finisterre/
- Torre de Hércules1 – http://blogs.libertaddigital.com/articulos-de-viaje/la-torre-de-hercules-desde-las-alturas-del-tiempo-11818/
- Torre de Hércules2 – http://dosisfotografica.blogspot.com.es/2013/11/la-torre-de-hercules.html
- Viñedos Rías Baixas1 – https://www.vinetur.com/2013012511272/la-ruta-del-vino-rias-baixas-premio-q-de-calidad-por-el-instituto-de-calidad-turistica-de-espana.html
- Viñedos Rías Baixas2 – https://www.aluz.com/viajes/primavera/espana/islas-cies-y-rias-baixas-1879
- Islas Cíes1 – http://www.galicia.info/islas-ciacutees.html
- Islas Cíes2 – http://www.rodeiramar2a.com/attraction/islas-cies/
- Playa de las Catedrales1 – https://www.pinterest.es/pin/346988346260168894/?lp=true
- Playa de las Catedrales2 – http://trawinalia.com/blog-de-viajes/la-playa-las-catedrales/
- Combarro1 – http://www.galiciaescapadas.com/escapada-velada-romantica.html
- Combarro2 – http://villafotoblogg.blogspot.com.es/2015/02/combarro-pueblo-con-encanto-gallego.html
- Monte Santa Tecla1 – http://www.elmapadelviajero.com/el-monte-de-santa-tecla/
- Monte Santa Tecla2 – https://www.hotelpazo.com/
- Cañón de Sil y Ribeira Sacra1 – https://www.creandotuprovincia.es/place/ribeira-sacra-y-canon-do-sil
- Cañón de Sil y Ribeira Sacra2 – http://esourense.com/descubriendo-la-ribeira-sacra/
- Fragas de Eume1 – https://www.easygalicia.com/blog/as-fragas-do-eume
- Fragas de Eume2 – http://casteloandrade.com/p-n-fragas-do-eume/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.