Towns, villages and valleys in La Rioja as location for your productions
La Rioja is the second smallest autonomous community in Spain. It barely exceeds 5.000 km² and is the least populated in the country with its less than 350.000 people. It is a region linked to wine, history and good food, ideal for audiovisual productions or photo shootings.
The Ebro River, Spain’s largest one, forms the backbone of the region. Seven other rivers flow from the mountains into the Ebro, creating seven valleys. It looks like a fairytale region, with medieval villages, wild nature and vineyards that produce the best wine of Spain, possibly the best in the world.
Undoubtedly the most charming area of this city is its historic center, an area bounded by three of its main churches: the Church of Santiago el Real, the Church of San Bartolomé and the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Redonda. The Puente de Piedra, one of the starting points of the Camino de Santiago, is also interesting for any audiovisual project, besides the vestiges of the wall that surrounded the city and, of course, the Nave del Revellin, an old military fortification.
Approaching the well-known area of the wineries is one of the most rewarding experiences for wine lovers. In just a few hectares we find some of the best wineries of the country, offering visits and tastings. It is worth to go deep into their cellars, enjoying the attractive industrial aesthetics of their origins. Charming locations for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Thermal Springs of Arnedillo
On the banks of the Cidacos River, near Arnedillo, are thermal springs. The water temperature ranges between 38°C and 48°C. At a distance of some 150 meters is a Spa that, with the same waters, offers extra services. Hot springs and outdoor nature for your audiovisual project.
Ezcaray is a charming town that prospered in past centuries thanks to the quality of its wool and blankets. The old textile factory, which had the status of Royal, has been converted into the City Hall and a hostel. Its impressive façade still attest of the importance of this fabric for the region. It is ideal for an audiovisual production or photographic shooting with industrial airs.
Santo Domingo de la Calzada
The monumental city of Santo Domingo de la Calzada is one of the jewels embedded in the Camino de Santiago. The town has more than enough charms to justify a visit, such as the Bishop’s Palace, the Bernardas Convent, the Town Hall and the San Francisco Convent. The old pilgrim hospital, ideal for an audiovisual project, is today the hostel of Santo Domingo de la Calzada.
Monastery of Valvanera
The Monastery of Santa Maria de Valvanera, on the heights of the Rioja mountains, away from the hustle and bustle, is an authentic emblem of the Rioja region. With the peak of the San Lorenzo as a witness (2.271 meters), contrasts the austere pink color of the Gothic walls of this complex wonderful with the exuberant nature. An ideal location for a photographic shooting or a more mystical audiovisual production.
The eastern boundary of La Rioja, bordering Navarre, is marked by this small city, characterized by the hundreds of storks that nest on the imposing Collegiate Church of San Miguel Arcángel, the largest church in La Rioja and a magnificent example of Mudejar architecture. We also find monuments such as the Palacio de los Sáenz de Heredia, the neoclassical Town Hall, the Convent of the Immaculate Conception as well as the Ninfeo Romano, a Roman water system. Now you will have to choose which locations you will use in your audiovisual project.
Calahorra is a monumental city that has an important heritage of the Roman Empire. Its old town maintains the original Roman urban structure. Of special interest for your audiovisual project or photographic shooting are the Archaeological Museum, the Church of Santiago, the Cathedral of Santa Maria, the Episcopal Palace as well as the Sanctuary of Our Lady of Carmen.
Sierra Cebollera Natural Park
The Sierra Cebollera is a Natural Park full of forests of beech, oaks and wild pines. Here you can breathe fresh air enjoying nature in your next audiovisual production or photographic shooting. Among its great attractions stands out the Parque de las Esculturas “Highlands of Lomas de Oro”, with sculptures made with natural materials, as well as the hermitages of Lomos de Orios and the Virgen de la Luz, the Hoyos de Iregua and the route to the Cascadas de Puente Ra.
Nájera, located 27 km from Logroño, is a halting-place in the Camino de Santiago. It is a town full of charm where all eyes are focused on the Monastery of Santa Maria la Real and its collection of royal sepulchres. History is alive in every corner of the town, in its cobblestone streets, in the stone walls of the Alcázar and even in the ruins of the Castillo de la Mota. Nájera is a perfect location for your audiovisual project.
- Logroño1 – http://objetivorioja.larioja.com/fotos-Ignacio/casa-ciencias-logrono-584109.html
- Logroño2 – http://www.larioja.com/fotos/logrono/201410/18/concurso-fotografico-logrono-noche-3092080916175-mm.html
- Haro1 – https://www.haroturismo.org/vinedos-en-otono-al-fondo-haro-doc-la-rioja-rioja-alta-haro-la-rioja-2/
- Haro2 – https://turismodevino.com/170/hotel-los-agustinos-haro-la-rioja/
- Arnedillo1 – https://www.escapadarural.com/que-hacer/arnedillo/fuentes-termales-de-arnedillo
- Arnedillo2 – https://vivancoculturadevino.es/blog/2017/06/20/pozas-arnedillo-termas-naturales-la-rioja/
- Ezcaray1 – http://elmolinodefloren.com/entorno/ezcaray/plaza-del-quiosco-de-ezcaray/
- Ezcaray2 – http://www.donosticity.org/noticiasdet.asp?id=449
- Santo Domingo de la Calzada1 – http://www.parador.es/es/blog/planazosparadores-turismo-en-santo-domingo-de-la-calzada
- Santo Domingo de la Calzada2 – https://www.escapadarural.com/que-hacer/santo-domingo-de-la-calzada/restaurantes/la-cancela
- Valvanera1 – https://obrasocial.ibercaja.es/la-rioja/conferencia-valvanera-mas-de-mil-anos-de-historia
- Valvanera2 – http://objetivorioja.larioja.com/fotos-pacasapena/monasterio-valvanera-356585.html
- Alfaro1 – http://objetivorioja.larioja.com/fotos-gomero/vuelo-ciguenas-blancas-alfaro-838655.html
- Alfaro2 – http://www.casadelarioja.com/antbuspre.asp?nombre=6612&cod=6612&sesion=1
- Calahorra1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVymidKewC4
- Calahorra2 – http://www.vinoturismorioja.com/es/pueblos-de-la-do-rioja/item/11-calahorra
- Sierra Cebollera1 – https://sebasnavarrete.blogspot.com.es/2014/05/sierra-cebollera-la-rioja_6.html
- Sierra Cebollera2 – https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senderismo/cascadas-de-puente-ra-desde-el-area-recreativa-de-la-blanca-sierra-de-cebollera-5336510/photo-2786335
- Nájera1 – http://pensionsanlorenzo.es/
- Nájera2 – https://www.najeraturismo.es/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.