Locations for your audiovisual project in Castilla – La Mancha
Castilla – La Mancha is one of the most extensive and rich communities in historical-artistic heritage of Spain.
Apart from ultra famous tourist destinations (Cuenca and its hanging houses, the old town of Toledo, the lagoons of Ruidera, etc.) the community of Castilla – La mancha offers many other attractions, maybe not so well known, but just as suggestive when preparing your audiovisual project.
Toledo is a World Heritage City declared by UNESCO that emerges on the banks of the Tagus River. There is a lot more to see than its impressive Cathedral and the Plaza de Zocodover. Get lost in the alleyways of the “sheds”, approach the old Jewish quarter, visit its synagogues and cross the Cigarrales to enjoy a unique view. You will have a great diversity of locations to locate your audiovisual production or photographic shooting in this city.
Its Hanging Houses are famous all over the world, but Cuenca has much more to contribute to your audiovisual project. It has a beautiful cathedral, a unique geographical location, a centuries-old “skyscraper”, a very interesting Science Museum and several convents that evoke tranquility and serenity.
In the province of Guadalajara is this wonderful medieval town of Arab urban layout located, fascinating for its impressive monuments. It has a castle, now converted into a Parador, a cathedral whose construction started in the 12th century, various churches, squares and cobbled streets, as well as a beautiful environment. All that makes Sigüenza an ideal destination for a photographic shooting or an audiovisual production.
Alcalá del Júcar
The town of Alcalá del Júcar is perched on a mountain on the banks of the Júcar River. At the top, the Castle dominates the whole. From there you can see the meander of the river and the stone bridge, as well as the nooks and crannies of its alleys and its houses, climbing up the hillside. The Cuevas del Diablo, the hermitage of San Lorenzo and the bullring stand out. A must for your audiovisual project.
Black towns of Guadalajara
In the mountains of the northwest of the province of Guadalajara are several towns built in the so-called “black architecture”, with a great ethnographic value. The black slate from the environment has been used for the construction of the houses, their walls and roofs, forming unique sets that you can capture in your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
Plaza Mayor de Almagro
Almagro is one of the most monumental and historical cities of the province of Ciudad Real. Any itinerary through this city has as its center the Plaza Mayor, of typical La Mancha architecture. The adjacent streets are full of palaces and mansions, churches and convents that embellish the old town.
The Plaza Mayor de Almagro is one of the most beautiful ones in Castile, with its rectangular layout, surrounded by balconies and galleries, remembering an immense theatrical setting. You cannot avoid locating a part of your photographic shooting or audiovisual production here.
Castle of Belmonte
It is situated on a hill overlooking the town and joined by a long wall. This Castle of Belmonte has palatial interiors and has always been very lively. Settings for films like “El Cid” where here and it has traditionally been home to minstrels, jesters and troubadours. A medieval environment with views for your audiovisual project.
Mills of Campo de Criptana and Consuegra
The 10 windmills of Campo de Criptana (Ciudad Real) stand on a hill like giants of history, living monuments of our industrial past. Of the 10, 3 retain still the original machinery of the 16th century. In Consuegra (Toledo) there are another 12, perfectly aligned on the Calderico hill. Very typical places of the region for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
This natural site in the Serrania de Cuenca is a divine gift, an inexplicable way for nature to express itself. The karstic nature of this area has been molded at will by the elements. The result is a gathering of rock sculptures that resembles objects, animals and humans. A fascinating location for a special audiovisual project.
Serranía de Cuenca
In the province of Cuenca, a few kilometers from the capital, we can visit towns such as Cañamares and Beteta, where we find the Royal Spa of Solán de Cabras. Or Priego, where craft traditions are preserved. The province of Cuenca offers also several possibilities for active tourism, such as kayaking, via ferrata (protected climbing routes) or canoeing in a unique natural environment. Countless locations that you can capture in your audiovisual project.
Natural Park of the Calares of the Mundo River and the Sima
In this natural space, you can see the light on the waters of the Mundo River in a truly spectacular way. The waterfall dropping more than 300 meters of height, made by the water tumbling down into the void, is one of the most beautiful sights you can see in Spain. A spectacular location for any photographic shooting or audiovisual production. The Calares Natural Park of the Mundo River and the Sima is located in Albacete, in a territory that includes the Sierra de Alcaraz and the Sierra del Segura.
Lagunas de Ruidera
In this Natural Park we find 16 lagoons connected through waterfalls and natural tunnels. The best-known bathing area here is the pool of Laguna Colgada. There are other swimming areas in lagoons such as La Redondilla, Santa Morcillo, La Tomilla, La Salvadora and San Pedra. The Natural Park shares territory with Ruidera (Ciudad Real) and Ossa de Montiel (Albacete). Undoubtedly something different for your audiovisual project.
- Toledo1- https://adide.org/blog/2017/07/20/encuentro-de-inspeccion-de-educacion-toledo-20-y-21-de-octubre/
- Toledo2 – https://cris088.wordpress.com/toledo-magico-publicado-en-verdemente-junio08/
- Cuenca1 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archivo:Cuenca._Cathedral._Castilla_-_La_Mancha._Spain_(4150596368).jpg
- Cuenca2 – http://www.1zoom.me/es/wallpaper/341864/z2159/2560×1440
- Sigüenza1 – https://www.escapadarural.com/blog/lugares-historicos-de-siguenza/
- Sigüenza2 – https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/parador-de-turismo-de-siguenza.es.html
- Alcalá del Júcar1 – http://www.lacerca.com/noticias/reportajes/alcala-jucar-belleza-natural-marcada-rio-3-74435-1.html
- Alcalá del Júcar2 – http://avesan.org/descubre-la-belleza-de-alcala-del-jucar-con-avesan-por-39-e/
- Pueblos negros1 – http://blog.pepecar.com/viajes/ruta-en-coche-por-los-pueblos-negros-de-guadalajara/
- Pueblos negros2 – https://www.recordrentacar.com/blog/ruta-en-coche-por-los-pueblos-negros-de-guadalajara/
- Pueblos Quijote1 – https://www.escapadarural.com/que-hacer/el-toboso
- Pueblos Quijote2 – http://elsayon.blogspot.com.es/2015/05/en-el-pueblo-cervantino-de-puerto-lapice.html
- Almagro1 – http://kilometrosquecuentan.com/turismo-castilla-mancha/
- Almagro2 – http://sabersabor.es/el-almagro-mas-heroico-don-diego-y-el-descubrimiento-de-chile/
- Belmonte1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysjrBQnAK1I
- Belmonte2 – http://www.catandocaldos.es/recorriendo-castilla-la-mancha-que-ver-en-belmonte-cuenca/
- Molinos1 – http://objetivocantabria.eldiariomontanes.es/fotos-emilio/molinos-campo-criptana.-917085.html
- Molinos2 – https://fragmentsdevida.wordpress.com/2012/04/11/los-molinos-de-don-quijote-en-consuegra/
- Ciudad Encantada1 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudad_Encantada
- Ciudad Encantada2 – https://www.fotomusica.net/castilla-lamancha/cuenca.htm
- Tablas de Daimiel1 – http://tualbacete.com/las-tablas-de-daimiel-entre-los-26-humedales-gravemente-amenazados-en-espana/
- Tablas de Daimiel2 – https://www.elconfidencial.com/empresas/2017-07-30/recuperacion-agua-tablas-de-daimiel-wwf_1419000/
- Serranía de Cuenca1 – https://www.flickr.com/photos/antoniomarinsegovia/20142002674
- Serranía de Cuenca2 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priego
- Calares del río Mundo1 – https://www.eldigitaldealbacete.com/2017/06/21/acondicionaran-aparcamiento-del-parque-natural-los-calares-del-mundo-la-sima/
- Calares del río Mundo2 – http://www.casaruralyeste.es/dt_gallery/parque-natural/
- Ruidera1 – http://porsolea.com/lagunas-de-ruidera-lagos-y-lagunas-naturales/
- Ruidera2 – https://www.caminosdelguadiana.es/tours/disfruta-ruidera-copiar/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.