Asturias is full of surprises…, discover them!
Asturias is a green paradise on the Cantabrian coast, abrupt and full of charm. Mountains, beaches, cliffs, mountain villages that seem frozen in time, fishing villages full of color, and many more surprises.
Asturias is an Autonomous Community, small in territory but great in cultural, natural, gastronomical and architectural heritage, perfect for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Oviedo is small and large at the same time, full of historical and cultural heritage. You will be conquered by its pedestrian streets, its terraces, the wines and the pastries. It is proud of its beautiful Gothic cathedral of San Salvador and its Asturian pre-Romanesque jewels like the churches of Santa Maria del Naranco and San Miguel de Lillo. Heritage for your audiovisual project and gastronomy and wines, to have a good time!
Gijón has so much charm that it will be difficult to choose between one and the other. From the Labor University, a place worthy of “Harry Potter”, that now houses a Center of Art and Industrial Creation, to the Faculty of Commerce, Tourism and Social Sciences of the University of Oviedo. If the weather is nice, it is always a delight to take a walk along the beach or through the center, for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
Cudillero is one of the most beautiful villages in Asturias. It is built on the slope of a mountain facing the sea. A marvel of a fishing village, painted in thousand colors thanks to the facades of its houses, which pile up as if competing to have the best views. Do not leave without admiring the scenery from its cliffs. On a somewhat cloudy day it is spectacular as a background for your audiovisual project.
Llanes is possibly the most touristic town in Asturias. But it still retains its natural grace and is a good place to spend a day. It is famous for having attracted more than one film, like “El Abuelo” and “El Orfanato”. It is also impressive for its medieval and maritime historical center and for the picturesque “Cubos de la Memoria” of Agustin Ibarrola that preside over the port. What are you waiting for to locate your photographic shooting or audiovisual production in one of the best parts in Asturias?
Ribadesella is well known for its great annual canoeing event: the Sella Descent. Normally it is a quiet fishing village that counts, in addition to the beautiful mouth of the Sella River, the incredible cave of Tito Bustillo, a prehistoric shelter with rock paintings. It is also worth taking a walk through its monumental historic center, full of mansions, and to have a look at the palaces that the Indians built, facing the sea, at the end of the beach of Santa Marina. A great diversity of locations for your audiovisual project.
Luarca is almost magical and has an ethereal and immortal air. It stands out for its cemetery, one of the most beautiful of the world. The views from here of the sea are breathtaking and ideal for any audiovisual production or photographic shooting. A seaside town with white houses and a salty aroma that invites you to wander around to find places as beautiful as Casa Guatemala or the Palace of the Marquises of Ferrera and La Pescadería, its seaside neighborhood.
The fishing village of Candás is a charming corner of the Principality. It is surrounded by cliffs where the waves break with force by rough sea. A totally incredible environment for a wild audiovisual project. In addition, its streets weave a somewhat labyrinthine fabric, through which walking is a real pleasure.
The village of Taramundi is a piece of the rural history of Asturias that has remained almost intact. The place, in the middle of an eternally green landscape, is known for its craftsmanship. A small paradise for rural tourism with hiking trails in a dazzling landscape. Its stone houses with slate roofs will transport your audiovisual production or photographic shooting to the past.
The Path of the Bear
The Senda del Oso is a spectacular experience. This 22-kilometer greenway starts at Tuñón and ends in Entrago, crossing on its way natural landscapes of great beauty, wild rivers and tunnels. Here formerly passes the mining train that circulated through the valleys of Trubia, Teverga and Quirós. Kilometers in which you can choose from a wide variety of locations for your audiovisual project. In addition, near kilometer 6 of the route, you find a mountainous enclosure where the Asturian bears Paca and Tola live, since they were young.
Route of the Cares
The Ruta del Cares is in the Picos de Europa National Park and is possible one of the most incredible routes that can be done on foot in Asturias. The trail goes from Caín to Poncebos and crosses the gorge of the Cares River along the most dramatic landscapes that you can use for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production. About 11 kilometers of route carved in the rocks of the mountains.
Lakes of Covadonga and La Santina
The Lakes of Covadonga are located in the municipality of Cangas de Onís, at a height of more than 1.000 meters. The views from the viewpoint of Mirador de la Reina of the lakes Enol, La Ercina and Little Bricial are priceless. Awesome views from any perspective for your audiovisual project.
On the route to the Lakes of Covadonga you will pass one of the most charming places in Asturias: the Sanctuary of Covadonga, the most visited monumental complex in the Principality. The impressive Basilica of Santa Maria la Real is built entirely in pink limestone and the chapel in the Santa Cueva cave houses the statue of the Virgin of Covadonga.
The only indoor beach in Spain, declared a Natural Monument, is located between Ribadesella and Llanes. It is a unique natural saltwater indoor pool, thanks to a small tunnel between the rocks where water emanates from the beach, which is only 50 meters wide. If you want to locate your audiovisual production or photographic shooting here, it is important to check the tide table, because at low tide there is often no water.
Beach of Silence
This beach is located in Cudillero and its tranquility is incomparable with anything. It has a length of 500 meters and the protective cliffs, the scattered islands on the shore and the special quality and color of its waters harmonize perfectly. Can you resist this location in your next audiovisual project?
- Oviedo1 – http://www.xn--lacompaiarotulera-lxb.com/noticias/la-compania-en-oviedo-9698
- Oviedo2 – https://www.investinasturias.es/es/la-universidad-de-oviedo-lidera-cuatro-proyectos-internacionales-de-investigacion-cientifica/
- Gijón1 – http://www.nationalgeographic.com.es/viajes/grandes-reportajes/seduccion-natural-gijon_11330
- Gijón2 – http://www.fotocommunity.es/photo/muelle-deportivo-gijon-asturias-yerbatu/37986624
- Cudillero1 – http://www.iberiaplayas.es/pueblo-con-encanto-cudillero/
- Cudillero2 – http://molino42.com/cuidades-y-pueblos/cudillero/
- Llanes1 – https://www.minube.com/fotos/llanes-c28925
- Llanes2 – https://www.ayuntamientodellanes.com/
- Ribadesella1 – https://www.pitchup.com/es/campsites/spain/principado-de-asturias/asturias/ribadesella/camping_playa_sauces/
- Ribadesella2 – https://www.hoteldonpepe.com/de/blog/2014/08/19/ribadesella
- Luarca1 – http://thewanderingsblog.com/imprescindibles-luarca/
- Luarca2 – http://es.troovel.com/ciudad/europa/espa%C3%B1a/costa-verde/luarca/2119
- Candás1 – https://richardxastur.blogspot.com.es/2013/02/candas.html
- Candás2 – https://www.minube.com/fotos/rincon/11286
- Taramundi1 – https://elviajerofeliz.com/taramundi-un-tesoro-en-el-corazon-de-asturias/
- Taramundi2 – http://www.labuenapitanza.com/2011/05/la-rectoral-de-taramundi-cena-con-menu.html
- Senda del Oso1 – http://www.asturiasparadisfrutar.es/2014/06/por-la-senda-del-oso-en-bicicleta.html
- Senda del Oso2 – https://www.escapadarural.com/blog/la-senda-del-oso/
- Ruta del Cares1 – https://es.wikiloc.com/rutas-senderismo/ruta-del-cares-poncebos-cain-poncebos-asturias-castilla-leon-11-05-2016-pr-as-227-pr-pnpe-3-13276493/photo-8193603
- Ruta del Cares2 – https://turismoenllanes.es/2014/09/23/%E2%9C%94-ruta-del-cares-este-video-es-lo-mas-cercano-a-volar-sonando-que-probablemente-podras-experimentar/
- Covadonga1 – http://lacasonadesobrepiedra.es/poi/real-sitio-de-covadonga/
- Covadonga2 – http://viajar.especiales.elperiodico.com/95-lugares-basicos-de-espana/lagos-de-covadonga/
- Somiedo1 – https://www.casonasasturianas.com/parque-natural-de-somiedo/
- Somiedo2 – http://www.florezestrada.com/
- Cabo de Peñas1 – https://totalsurfcamp.com/es/surfcamps/espana/asturias/gozon/baluverxa-cabo-penas-surf-school
- Cabo de Peñas2 – http://thewanderingsblog.com/cabo-penas/
- Gulpiyuri1 – https://www.vacaciones-espana.es/Asturias-provincia/articulos/gulpiyuri-la-playa-secreta-de-asturias
- Gulpiyuri2 – https://www.pinterest.es/pin/224335625167896292/?lp=true
- Playa del Silencio1 – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4jjVgQ8g9c
- Playa del Silencio2 – http://www.elmundo.es/album/viajes/espana/2017/08/31/59804291268e3ebb338b456b_9.html
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.