15 Impressive locations in Aragón for your audiovisual project
This region, crossed by the Ebro River, conserve samples of a great historical greatness who, combined with its scenic beauty and folkloric tradition, turns it into a region that you can’t stop portraying in your next audiovisual project.
The Aragonese territory shows not only several centuries of history in localities and monasteries that have maintained their undisturbed appeal, but also leaps to modernity in its capitals, next to such small communities where man and nature coexist day by day in perfect harmony.
This town, the capital of Aragón, is located on the banks of the Ebro River. It is a lively, young city that offers a large repertoire of activities. The Basilica del Pilar is its most emblematic icon, but its Arab rival, the Palace of Aljaferia with its imposing walls, is not far away in beauty and majesty. It is a city of contrasts that combines its historical center with the modern infrastructures of the Universal Exhibition of 2008, for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
National Park of Ordesa and Monte Perdido
This park covers more than 15.000 hectares in the Sobrarbe region. Its highest point is the peak of Monte Perdido (3.355 m) but there are many other mountains and valleys with slopes covered with forests of beech and fir. The beeches give them a supernatural beauty every autumn, when their leaves change color and the valleys are filled with orange, reddish and ocher tones, mixed with some green. Canyons, waterfalls, rivers, animals, thousands of species of plants, birds… It is a paradise for any audiovisual project based on the love of nature.
The historic center of Aínsa is full of Romanesque monuments. Its Plaza Mayor is surrounded by old stone houses, supported by arcades, the perfect place to have a drink at sunset. The parish church of Santa Maria and the medieval castle that crowns the hill are two other ideal locations for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting.
When you turn a corner on the road to Alquézar, the village, perched on a hill, appears before you. From a distance it seems from another era. So old that you think it may be abandoned. Walking through its streets is like being in the world of the Game of Thrones. An ideal environment for your audiovisual project, with houses of medieval aspect and outstanding points as the collegiate church, dedicated to Santa Maria the Major, the castle and the parish of San Miguel Arcángel.
Natural Park of the Sierra and the Canyons of Guara
Guara is the perfect place to practice adventure sports, such as climbing, canyoning and mountaineering. In addition, it is one of the main refuges of flora and fauna in Europe. It is one of the best natural places you can use for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production in Aragón.
This town is located near the ancient Roman city of Bilbilis. This old Celtiberian city, now an archaeological site, stretches along the slopes, next to the current city of Calatayud. Ruins and modernity to choose for your audiovisual project. Next to the Roman remains are the Castillo Mayor and the Santa Maria Tower the most representative buildings of Calatayud. The Islamic fortified complex is the oldest preserved one of the Muslim expansion in the Iberian Peninsula.
Albarracín, in the province of Teruel, is declared a National Monument in 1961 and is now also a candidate to be declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In its nearby mountain range the Tajo, Júcar and Cabriel rivers spring. The town still preserves its walls, the Episcopal Palace, the castle, various towers, the Cathedral of El Salvador and the town hall. An endless number of locations that transport your audiovisual production or photographic shooting to another era.
The historic center of this city preserves a valuable medieval legacy, with the most important Mudejar monumental heritage in the world, recognized by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. A clear example of this heritage is the Cathedral, a symbol of Turolense aesthetic with its square tower, decorated with ceramics. This symbiosis of Romanesque, Gothic and Muslim architecture is also evident in the Tower of San Martin. A mixture of architectures and cultures for your audiovisual project.
Benasque combines Romanesque and Renaissance buildings with spectacular landscapes that invite the practice of various sports. It is located at more than 1.100 meters above sea level and the winters are cold and covered with snow. Choose the time of the year in which you want to make your photographic shooting or audiovisual production according to your needs. Close to the town are such emblematic peaks as the Aneta, the Posets and the Perdiguero, all of them with a height of more than 3.000 meters.
Panticosa and Formigal
There are plenty of reasons to get close to Panticosa, for instance for its ski resorts, its stunning scenery, or its spa. Hiking, fishing, hunting, climbing are some of the sports activities you can capture here in your audiovisual project.
Formigal is a locality irremediable linked to the homonymous ski resort. Those who love white sports will find one of the best destinations in Spain in this town. But also those who love mountaineering, on the imposing Pico Moros, are here at the right place.
In the mountainous beauty of the Aragonese Pyrenees we find Jaca, at the foot of the Mount Oroel. It is a city with more than two thousand years of history in which the imposing Citadel stands out, an infrastructure that preserves almost intact its original form, composed of drawbridges and moats. A trip to the past for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production full of nature. The National Park of Ordesa and Valle del Tena, in which the ski resorts of Panticosa and Formigal are located, is in the vicinity of the city.
Castle of Loarre
In the Sierra de Loarre, on a limestone promontory, stands an ancient and beautiful Romanesque fortress. Its position is not accidental, it dominates from here one of the steps of entrance to the Pyrenees. Its walls are completely one with the landscape, an unmatched background for your audiovisual project. Here scenes from Ridley Scotts’ film “The Kingdom of Heaven” were shot, with Orlando Bloom, Jeremy Irons, Liam Neeson and Eva Green.
Although the monastery itself is a jewel, the visit to this building, a mixture of Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque styles, is just an excuse to walk through the nearby Park of the Piedra River, full of waterfalls. Trails cover about 5 km of the park, between cascades, trees and caves. The Horsetail waterfall, with a height of more than 50 meters, is the most impressive one. A location that combines architecture and nature for your photographic shooting or audiovisual production.
This city is coquette and beautiful, and well known for its rich heritage of the Middle Ages. It is located on the border between two large natural regions, the Ebro Valley, to whose Huesca belongs, and the Pyrenees, which Sierras Exteriores stand majestically north of the city, being the most characteristic element of the Huesca landscape. The city is settled on an easily defendable hill, 488 meters above sea level, located next to a small river, the Isuela. An urban environment among mountains, valleys and rivers for a very varied audiovisual project.
Old Canfranc Station
This railway station, located in the municipality of Canfranc, very close to the French border, was inaugurated on July 18, 1928. It is abandoned since 1970. It has the French palatial architecture of the nineteenth century, with bright and elegant interiors and a strange solitary beauty. Its ghostly appearance has been the set of numerous films and television shoots. Will you miss this location for your audiovisual production or photographic shooting?
- Portada – http://monasteriopiedra.com/galeria-parque/
- Zaragoza1 – http://www.traveler.es/viajes-urbanos/articulos/zaragoza-moderna-que-hacer/11799
- Zaragoza2 – https://herencias.abogado/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/10/zaragoza-1600×900.jpg
- Ordesa y Monte Perdido1 – https://www.viajejet.com/destinos-paradisiacos-en-espana/parque-nacional-de-ordesa-y-monte-perdido/
- Ordesa y Monte Perdido2 – http://dendrocopos.com/?gallery=ordesa-y-monte-perdido
- Aínsa1 – http://www.huescalamagia.es/blog/10-razones-por-las-que-visitar-ainsa-la-capital-del-medievo/
- Aínsa2 – https://elviajerofeliz.com/ainsa-pueblo-medieval-aragon/
- Alquézar1 – http://www.huescalamagiadeloscongresos.es/project/alquezar/
- Alquézar2 – http://www.gastronomoyviajero.com/2016/08/alquezar-el-guardian-de-guara.html
- Guara1 – https://www.turismodearagon.com/es/actividad/espacios-naturales/parque-natural-de-la-sierra-y-canones-de-guara.html#.WvGF7NOFNTY
- Guara2 – http://parquesnaturales.consumer.es/parques/aragon/37.php
- Calatayud1 – https://www.turismodearagon.com/es/ubicacion/localidad/calatayud.html#.WvGGL9OFNTY
- Calatayud2 – https://www.expedia.mx/fotos/zaragoza/calatayud.d181378/edificios-historicos/
- Albarracín1 – https://www.turismodearagon.com/es/ubicacion/zona-turistica/sierra-de-albarracin.html#.WvGGxdOFNTY
- Albarracín2 – http://www.viajero-turismo.com/2017/03/albarracin-historia-turismo-y-belleza.html
- Teruel1 – http://www.nationalgeographic.com.es/destinos/teruel
- Teruel2 – https://www.clickferry.com/blog/especial-san-valentin-teruel/
- Benasque1 – http://www.abc.es/abc-nacional/multimedia/201307/22/media/horrapics-valle.jpg
- Benasque2 – http://www.hotelsesue.com/
- Formigal – https://www.booking.com/hotel/es/apartamentos-formigal.es.html
- Panticosa – http://www.huescalamagia.es/blog/excursion-circular-a-5-manantiales-de-la-epoca-romana-en-los-banos-de-panticosa/
- Jaca1 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ciudadela_de_Jaca
- Jaca2 – http://www.huescalamagia.es/blog/la-catedral-de-jaca-mas-que-una-joya-romanica/
- Loarre1 – https://fotosylugares.com/castillo-de-loarre-castillo-romanico/
- Loarre2 – http://www.romanicoaragones.com/colaboraciones/colaboraciones04366aereas.htm
- Monasterio de Piedra1 – https://www.viajejet.com/destinos-paradisiacos-en-espana/parque-natural-del-monasterio-de-piedra/
- Monasterio de Piedra2 – http://monasteriopiedra.com/galeria-monasterio/
- Huesca1 – https://definanzas.com/calendario-laboral-huesca/
- Huesca2 – http://www.huescalamagia.es/blog/escapada-inolvidable-de-fin-de-semana-a-huesca/
- Canfranc1 – https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estaci%C3%B3n_Internacional_de_Canfranc
- Canfranc2 – http://www.huescalamagia.es/blog/5-actividades-que-no-puedes-perderte-esta-primavera-verano-en-canfranc/
More Information about RVD Media Group.
RVD Media Group is a content creation agency with creative and digital marketing solutions. We bet on great ideas and create strategic moves. We can help you with all types of content, both photographic and audiovisual. Don`t hesitate to contact us.